When the world today is getting more advanced, opioid addiction has become an epidemic in the U.S. As per the report, year 2015 has experienced highest number of deaths due to drug overdose. In such a scenario when the world needs immediate treatment, the researchers have formulated the prescription drug named Suboxone after decades of studies can be used for treating opioid addiction. Get in touch with the Suboxone Treatment Doctors Providence before taking any medicine.
What are Opiates?
Opiates are from the narcotic drug family which is synthetically or naturally derived from opium poppy plant. They primarily perform as the sedatives that depresses activates in central nervous system and therefore inducing sleep and decreasing pain.
When an individual take opiate for a long time, it actually results in increased drug tolerance. In such circumstances individuals who are in opiate requires increased dose just to achieve similar effect and make sure that they do not get the cravings or withdrawal effect. This results in dependence which is usually known as addiction. Moreover, in some scenarios, this might leads to death.
Suboxone Aids in Treating Opioid Addiction:
This is the oral prescription drug that was approved from FDA in the U.S. The drug came into existence in the year 2002 for treating the opioid addiction. This is prescribed either as the film or the sublingual film. It comprises of two major drugs.
- Naloxone: This is an opioid antagonist that blocks the opiate drug effect.
- Buprenorphine: This is the partial opioid antagonist that offers relief from the withdrawal symptoms and cravings by completely blocking the opiate receptors present in the brain cells.
The combination of both of these drugs is helpful in curing opioid addictions. Buprenorphine being an active drug can become addictive because of its active nature but the presence of Naloxone ensures alleviating any kind of opiate effects.
Naloxone actually works on the background which comes into play only when someone tries to misuse the drug. There are people who have the potential of injecting which is where Naloxone helps to stop. In such scenario, Naloxone even gives terrible withdrawal symptoms that can result in making you feel extremely out.
Due to its effectiveness, Suboxone is now becoming widely popular across the world. Opt for treatment for Suboxone addiction providence and get approved doctors for the treatment.
Effectiveness of Suboxone:
Suboxone is one of the most effective ways of reducing cravings related to the long term use of opiate. Not only it reduces the cravings but also offer in alleviating usage of drugs. When compared to the methadone drug, Suboxone is not addictive in nature and also is quick in its action.
Moreover, this medication tends to work in a better manner when it is being used for an extended period of time. In a study made by the researchers, it has been observed that Suboxone tends to show faster results which is within 12 weeks of treatment compared to any other detox treatment procedure.
What is the treatment plan?
There is no doubt that each and every centre will have a different treatment approach, but typically all of the centers follow these four steps for the Suboxone treatment plan.
- Intake: This is the preliminary step which comprises of psychological and medical assessment where blood tests and urine tests are done just to make sure that the individual can take this drug and will not face any side effects.
- Induction: This phase refers to the transition from the current using opiates to the Suboxone with the only agenda to minimize the withdrawal symptoms.
- Stabilization: This phase is when the adjustment is made with Suboxone to its lowest dose for suppressing its withdrawal symptoms. This actually enables discontinuation and tapering off the treatment.
- Maintenance: People who were under severe addiction and who require being medically supervised and take the on-going treatment. This actually means individuals who are required to slowly and gradually taper off the opioid addiction.
The two major substances of Suboxone namely Buprenorphine and Naloxone works in combination to ensure alleviating the need for taking other addictive drugs. Being able to get attached to the opioid receptors and another continuously working on back to stop from misusing has actually results in improving the success rate of the treatment.
Author Bio: Alan is a passionate writer and a regular blogger with years of experience in writing. He wrote several intriguing blogs over the years. His recent write up sums up his knowledge and insight on the potential benefits of Suboxone treatment.